Dennis Hernreich has had an extensive 35 year career serving public and private companies ranging in sales from $50 million to over $400 million in the retail, insurance, manufacturing, and oil and gas industries as the key financial and/or operating officer of the business. Throughout his career, Dennis has been involved with a number of acquisitions totaling over $500 million in acquisition costs, and a number of equity and debt financings totaling over $1 billion in proceeds.
Dennis has a keen ability to dissect a business’ operating and financial components, identify its strengths and opportunities, and develop strategies with the management team to accentuate its strengths and capitalize upon its opportunities for sales growth and enhanced profitability.
Most recently, Dennis spent almost 14 years with a publicly-held national retailer of men’s apparel for plus-size men with sales peaking at $465 million as its Executive Vice-President, Chief Operating and Chief Financial Officer. Among his many contributions, his key accomplishments include:
- Business Transformation by acquiring a new line of retail business and divestiture of legacy business, enabling the company to pursue a path of improved performance.
- Operating performance improvement by integrating newly acquired business and optimizing its operating performance.
- Astute debt management of extinguishing over $125 million in long-term debt and making the company debt-free through improved operating cash flow and through a sale-leaseback transaction of its company headquarters and distribution facilities.
- In response to the great recession and resulting sales decline, strategically reduced operating expenses and capital expenditures, ultimately increasing profitability.
- Post-recession, Dennis was instrumental in a strategic redirection by creating a new retail format which was more appealing and relevant to a greater proportion of the company’s target market.
Dennis Hernreich Competencies That Drive Business Success
- Tactical / Strategic Business Planning
- Start-up / Turnaround
- Financial Planning and Management
- Operations Management/Customer Service
- Equity and Debt Financing
- Asset, Real Estate and Lease Management
- M&A / Due Diligence / Integrations
- Market Analysis
- Merchandise Planning and Allocation
- Inventory Management / Distribution
- Customer Relationship Management
- IT Oversight / Systems Implementation
- Cross-functional Team Building, Leadership and Mentoring
In addition to serving the southwest Florida business community, Dennis is active with the Sarasota Chamber of Commerce, the Lakewood Ranch Business Alliance, and the Manasota chapter of SCORE, a nonprofit association dedicated to helping small businesses in the community. In his spare time, Dennis and his spouse, Sheri, enjoy their 5 children and have a love for boating, tennis and swimming.